The Murchison Community Plan has been firing on all cylinders since its adoption in mid October 2010.
The enthusiasm shown by the Murchison community during the development of the Plan was overwhelming and we are now working on the implementation of priority projects recommended by the Plan.
Achievements to date are :
- The Heritage Centre is catering for increasing numbers of visitors. Plans for an extension to the front of the Centre have been prepared and submitted to Greater Shepparton City Council for funding.
- Plans for a fence around the playground to protect toddlers from wandering onto the main street in the centre of town have been prepared and will soon be presented to Greater Shepparton City Council for funding.
Project proposals in advanced stages of development include:
- Upgrade and refurbishment of the netball courts at the Recreation Reserve, which are unsafe for play, and not fit for finals games , in their present state.
- Walking / Cycle , Riding Trail between Impey Street and Channel Inlet Road
Other projects in in early stages of development include :
- Walking / Cycle , Riding loop around Doctors Swamp
- Walking / Cycle , Riding loop through Willoughby and McKenzie Streets
- Landscaping and development of Town Entrances
Other projects, including our proposed Energy Strategy (to be undertaken in conjunction with GV Community Energy), and our Tourism Strategy, are screaming out for champions to progress them to completion.
We are always looking for more volunteers to be involved in these and other exciting projects to benefit the town and its people. If you are interested in becoming involved in any way, please contact MCP Chair, Tim Linton, on 57231132.